Virtual Organizations (VO):
A VO enables a collaborative environment where communities of researchers, practitioners, policy-makers, and others come together to share knowledge and information, analyze data and solve problems through sharing of resources. Basically a VO is a grouping of users (consumers of grid-services) and resource-sites (provider of grid-services). Example of VOs can be Application Communities like Bio-informatics, Astro-Physics, Atmospheric Science etc.
VOMS stands for Virtual Organization Membership Service and is structured as a simple account database which features single login, expiration time, backward compatibility etc.
GARUDA VO and Managers:
1. Bioinformatics: Bioinformatics is the application of statistics and computer science to the field of molecular biology. The primary goal of bioinformatics is to increase the understanding of biological processes. Major research efforts in this field include sequence alignment, gene finding, genome assembly, drug design & discovery, protein structure alignment & prediction of gene expression and protein–protein interactions, etc.
• Ms Mangala N (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Ms Janaki CH (email@example.com)
• Dr Andre Lynn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. ClimateModelling: Climate modeling is a scientific discipline that makes use of large computational power to develop a better understanding of the dynamics of the climate system.
• Dr. Prahlada Rao (email@example.com)
• Dr S Janakiraman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Prof. Ravi S Nanjundiah (email@example.com)
3. CAE:Computer-aided engineering (CAE) is the broad usage of computer software to solve engineering problems. It includes computer-aided design (CAD), FEA (finite element analysis), and CFD (computer fluid dynamics). The CAE tools are used for simulation, validation, and optimization of products in automotive, aerospace, thermal and mechanical industries.
• Dr Vikas Kumar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Chandra Bhushan Roy (email@example.com)
4. euindia:The vision of a worldwide Grid for Research by both Europe and India and responds to the need for scientific collaborations in a networked world to address grand global challenges. The European and Indian e-infrastructures ensure sustainable scientific, educational and technological collaboration.
• Mr R Sridharan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Mr AC Nartaj (email@example.com)
5. GeoPhysics:Geophysics is the physics of the Earth and its environment in space. Its subjects include from shape of the Earth to formation of volcanism/rock, the hydrological cycle including snow and ice, all aspects of the oceans, the atmosphere etc.
• Ms Richa Rastogi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Mr Abhishek Srivastava (email@example.com)
6. GarudaAdmin:All Garuda resource provide institutes Grid administrators and Garuda Operation team members are included in this VO
• Mr Santhosh J (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Ms Divya MG (email@example.com)
7. Health Informatics:The Health Informatics Virtual Organization aims to build virtual community in the area of health informatics and utilize GARUDA Grid and such high performance resources for the purpose. It provides virtual network of shared tools, technologies, mechanism and platform to the cancer research organizations, researchers, and clinicians to collaborate effectively in order to face the challenges in healthcare delivery & research.
• Mr Chaudhari Dipak D (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Mr Prashant Bendale (email@example.com)
8. IndianHeritage:The India Heritage VO is focused in design and development of language technology products for preserving, processing and propagating Indian Heritage texts and training the scholars on the products developed.
• Dr Ramanujan P (firstname.lastname@example.org)
9. MaterialScience: Materials science is an interdisciplinary field applying the properties of matter to various areas of science and engineering. It incorporates elements of applied physics and chemistry.
• Mr. Sachin Nanavati (email@example.com)
• Dr Venkatesh Shenoi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
10. OSDD:Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD) is funded by Govt of India, to develop drugs for tropical infectious diseases like malaria, tuberculosis, etc. this VO helps researchers working in this project.
•Ms Janaki CH (email@example.com)
•Dr U.A.C Jaleel (firstname.lastname@example.org)